artful mindless contemplation

 
margoshka contemplates, ruminates... meditates on life, love, basketball, poetry, choice, and the lack thereof.
 
 
 

HOME

me--
my profile
email me
i.wannit

stuff.i.wrote--
Luv Ltr
thoughts_racing
how_to_smile
100_things
hate_u
.short story.
again_over
good_convo

yess, pleaze:

  • tomatoes
  • basketball (NBA)
  • dark chocolate
  • blindfolds
  • hiphop
  • sushi
  • bass
  • dancing
  • candles

    mmm... no:

  • regret
  • bananas
  • waiting
  • Barbie
  • assholes

    Rate This Blog!
    (on BlogHop.com)
    the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

  •  
         
     
     
    Monday, May 06, 2002
     
    --hey, would anyone mind if I posted an email I wrote to my sister? she's in Spain, and I'm missing her something fierce. -- no? - ya sure? I wouldn't want to bore ya? - oh, ok. here goes. I'll edit a bit to make it more palatable. Bon apetit!--

    oh, janey-jane!
    I'm so happy to hear from you.
    What a way to start my Monday morning. :)
    Not that I mind that its monday morning... no i actually enjoy the faux sense of purpose I feel at having to get up in the morning, put on clothes, brush my teeth and show up to commune with my cubicle and trusty computer-friend. I actually have work to do this week - will this excitement never END? please....
    My weekend... in case anyone asks... was relaxing, chill and uneventful. not fraught with self-doubt, then exhilliration, then back to self-doubt - this rollercoaster is making me nauseous - maybe i should contact the technician about a way to get off. (ew - i didn't mean it THAT way!)

    NBA newz
    Boston lost to Detroit @ Detroit - but Greg assures me that home court isn't nearly as important in the second round as it was in the first.
    The Nets beat the Hornets - yeee!
    and LA beat the Spurs in an atrocious game - that resembled my life in its ups and downs - the Spurs led the entire game, and first Shaq was injured (yipee!) and slinked off to the locker room, then KOBE was injured and HE was led back to their den of evil magic - the Dark Force is strong in that one... so you'd think that YAY, with both Shaq and Kobe injured one may rejoice... but NOOOOOOOOO - they both came back, and the boys in yellow won the game... it was disgusting.

    i saw "Spiderman" with Gaia and Myles on Saturday - it was pretty good, except for the cheesy parts... I find that I have an extra-low tolerance for cheese these days - IS it PMS? hmmmm... there were a few moments during the movie when i was cringing and wondering if something is seriously wrong with me. everyone else at the theater - including Myles and Gaia - seemed totally googlie-eyed and slap-happy to hear Tobey McGuire intone to a brassily red-haired Kirsten Dunsts - "love you... like the stars love the sky, and april showers love the sidewalk, and puppies and kittens, and BARF BARF BARF" - you get the idea.

    ok... but anyway, my weekend was actually nice, i did not allow myself ONCE to go further than an inch down into the pit of despair - I know the way well and do not wish to dwell there, at'all.
    yep...
    i was thinking how lucky i was to have a beautiful apartment, with a roof - where I lay tanning for an hour yesterday - nice roommates (hey now, some of 'em ARE nice), a comfy-soft bed, with a warm electro-blanket, and HBO, and myself! yeah, i was just glad to be myself this weekend. But let me tell ya - what I'm learning is - yeah, i have fun when i'm by myself, and its nice sometimes - but I will NOT be one of those ppl who long for a "break" from their family, or their boyf/girlf... i will not be one of those ppl who - while in a relationship - are bemoaning the loss of their singlehood "God, I wish I were single again. I used to have SUCH a ball!" umm... NO. I think not. I've learned that no matter how annoying your loved-ones may be - they are better than being alone. and even when things aren't going well in one's relationship - i'd prefer to FIGHT and BITCH and MOAN to/at/about someone - rather than think of interesting ways to redecorate my room, or stoned-watching "Blue Planet" on the Discovery Channel for hours on end... or even watching basketball.
    yes - those things are fun, but I really do prefer to do 'em all with OTHERS of a like mind.
    ok, 'nuff rambling about my staggering life-realizations.... sorry i'm so long-winded, i think its the lack of close contact with ppl who actually care what i say. (Mom would't listen, she mumbled something about having to go - and hung up the phone. Hey, I understand, - I might not listen to myself either if I had a choice.)

    habla espanol bueno, chikitita?
    how's the food?

    love,
    your emotiotronic cheesaphobic melancholicious Margarita

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     
         
    who dat?
    feelin' margoshka's current mood at www.imood.com

    sites.i.likes--
    the onion
    hor'scope
    tv w/out pity
    nba
    slam links
    the morning news
    FutureMe

    Go Fug Yrself
    the uberspew
    we"heart"ponies
    this is knit
    Gaia Cornwall




    Mechanical Artificial Replicant Generated for Observation, Scientific Harm and Kamikaze Assassination
    Get Your Cyborg Name


     

     

     

     

    This page is powered by Blogger.  Choose Blogger, for all your blogging needs.

    Site Meter

    NYC, NY

    Home |