artful mindless contemplation

 
margoshka contemplates, ruminates... meditates on life, love, basketball, poetry, choice, and the lack thereof.
 
 
 

HOME

me--
my profile
email me
i.wannit

stuff.i.wrote--
Luv Ltr
thoughts_racing
how_to_smile
100_things
hate_u
.short story.
again_over
good_convo

yess, pleaze:

  • tomatoes
  • basketball (NBA)
  • dark chocolate
  • blindfolds
  • hiphop
  • sushi
  • bass
  • dancing
  • candles

    mmm... no:

  • regret
  • bananas
  • waiting
  • Barbie
  • assholes

    Rate This Blog!
    (on BlogHop.com)
    the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

  •  
         
     
     
    Monday, August 26, 2002
     
    I wrote something on the subway, on my way to work. After a kind of rough, emotionally tumultuous weekend. Here it is:

    I hate you, world, for
    interfering with something that could've been beautiful.
    I hate you, world, for
    messing up what made my belly tingle and my eyes light up.
    I hate you, world, for
    being cruel to those of us who need tenderness the most.
    I hate you, world, for
    hitting and kicking us when we're down.
    I hate you for being so good at what you do,
    The social machine all oiled-up, in tip-top shape,
    Your traffic signals working on us even when we close our eyes to dream.
    And I hate that there's no one to blame
    - no Hitler, Stalin, evil monger,
    no wicked witch to drop our clear waters on.
    How can I fight when you pay the officials off,
    so they can send their kids to college?
    How can I score against you when the basket is rigged far out of my reach?
    But how can I concede defeat with your plastic android cheerleaders
    bouncing in encouragement for me?
    I'm sore and hungry but your bitches won't shut up with
    "you can do it!" and "go get em!" and I think you're the only one
    who's enjoying this game,
    watching me twist and fake left, then circle around, look for my pass,
    but - what have you done with my teammates?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

     
         
    who dat?
    feelin' margoshka's current mood at www.imood.com

    sites.i.likes--
    the onion
    hor'scope
    tv w/out pity
    nba
    slam links
    the morning news
    FutureMe

    Go Fug Yrself
    the uberspew
    we"heart"ponies
    this is knit
    Gaia Cornwall




    Mechanical Artificial Replicant Generated for Observation, Scientific Harm and Kamikaze Assassination
    Get Your Cyborg Name


     

     

     

     

    This page is powered by Blogger.  Choose Blogger, for all your blogging needs.

    Site Meter

    NYC, NY

    Home |